Occupational Therapists (OTs) work with people of all abilities and all ages to do the things they want to and need to do through the use of therapeutic activities and equipment.

They can help you to increase your independence, wellbeing and quality of life.

The Occupational Therapist (OT) provides:

– Assessments on home safety and equipment

– Advice on how to manage at home

– Support, education and information for clients and carers

– Advice on aids and equipment (including wheelchairs and scooters)

– Advice on home and vehicle modifications

– Assessment for personal alarms

– Group programs

An Occupational Therapist can help you to:

Care for yourself

  • Showering and bathing
  • Dressing and grooming
  • Eating and drinking
  • Toileting

Manage at home

  • Preparing meals
  • Cleaning

Prevent falls

Access your community

  • Driving advice
  • Using public transport

Link to support services

Manage memory loss or confusion


How do I get an appointment?

We provide Occupational Therapy to older and younger people with disabilities and their carers who live, work or study in Brimbank, Wyndham and Hobsons Bay.

Contact your nearest IPC Health campus. You may be put on a waiting list.

Older Australians (aged 65 and over and Aboriginal people aged 50 and over) need to contact My Aged Care or call them on 1800 200 422 to access this service. Remember to ask for IPC Health as your preferred service provider when you contact My Aged Care.


Is there a fee?

At IPC Health we offer the unique combination of private and government funded allied health care. Our fees are designed to support access for people on varying incomes.

Funding for our Occupational Therapy service for adults is available through the Home and Community Care for Younger People (HACC-PYP) program with a co-payment depending on your income, starting at around $10 per hour.
Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC-PYP) schedule of fees.

Funding is also available under the Community Health program and Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)

We also offer our Occupational Therapy services if you are:

• A full fee paying client
• A Home Care Package recipient (see above note on My Aged Care)
• An NDIS self or plan managed participant

Please note Occupational Therapy does not currently offer services under Chronic Disease Management Plans (previously known as EPC)



Can I have an interpreter?

Yes. Ask if you need an interpreter. Interpreters are free.


Occupational Therapy for Children


Our Values