Health Promotion and Community Strengthening Program
We are funded by the Department of Health, Victoria. We run health projects to the communities of Wyndham, Hobson’s Bay and Brimbank.
We work with people in the community to help them be and stay healthy.
We talk with the community to find out what is important to them. This advises our current and future programs and ensures that we meet the communities’ needs.
Did you know health is not just something that you get from going to a doctor?
Health is about having:
- a healthy body and mind
- a safe place to live
- good relationships with friends and family and
- activities and services available that interest you
What types of projects do we do?
- We help to ensure every individual, family and community group may benefit from living, learning and working in ways that protect and promote health and well being.
- We support and facilitate opportunities for our community to build their capacity to identify and actively address issues impacting on their sense of health and well being
- We work with diverse communities, to make sure our clients feel welcome and supported when using our services; and can fully participate in their healthcare.
- We promote positive and equal relationships among staff and our communities. Together with our community we want to stop domestic violence against women.
We encourage feedback from our community members so we can learn and develop better services in the future.
- We work with other organisations and governments so that our projects are well organised and of a high standard. This helps us to provide better outcomes for our community.
Who works in the Health Promotion and Community Strengthening Program?
- Health Promotion Officers
- Health Promotion Graduate Worker
- Consumer and Community Engagement Officer
- Community Development Officers
- Aboriginal Access Worker
- Program Manager
Would you like more information?
Call our Sunshine or Altona Meadows Campus and ask to speak to a member of our team.
Sunshine Campus – (03) 9313 5000 (Mon-Fri)
Altona Meadows Campus – (03) 8368 3008 (Mon-Fri)