Developmental Psychologists work with you and your child if you have questions or worries about your child’s development.
Your worries might be about your child’s:
• Learning, understanding, solving problems, listening, paying attention and concentrating
• Behaviours like tantrums, being rough, being upset when leaving parents or carers
• Sharing, talking and playing with other children
• Being independent – like going to the toilet, feeding and going to sleep by themselves.
Who can use this service?
Children from birth to school age who live or go to child care or kindergarten in Brimbank, Wyndham and Hobsons Bay.
Who cannot use this service?
• are at primary school
• are suspected of or have a diagnosis such as Autism Spectrum Disorder or Global Developmental Delay
• have been referred to or are on a waiting list for another service such as Early Childhood Intervention, Specialist Children’s Services or an Assessment Clinic for diagnosis (e.g. Autism Clinic)
• need ongoing therapy for more than behaviour difficulties.
How do I get an appointment?
Contact your nearest IPC Health campus. You do not need a doctor’s referral. You may be put on a waiting list.
Is there a fee?
A fee may apply to this service.
Can I have an interpreter?
Yes. Ask if you need an interpreter. Interpreters are free.