Nurse Practitioner and your Doctor
Nurse Practitioners diagnose and manage patients and also have a shared care agreement with your Doctor / GP.
This means Nurse Practitioners may do certain medical tasks that may be later followed up with your Doctor.
What can Nurse Practitioners do?
– See new and current patients
– Provide vaccines, medical and carer certificates
– Treat minor illness and injury, chronic disease
– Stabilise acutely ill patients
– Order and interpret pathology and radiography, ultrasound and CT scan
– Refer to medical specialists, other health professionals and hospitals
– Prescribe medicines
– Provide education, health promotion and counseling