IPC Health is now offering home support, such as personal assistance, domestic assistance and home and garden maintenance, to older residents in Brimbank, Hobsons Bay and Wyndham.
The Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) is a government program providing support for older Australians requiring assistance to keep living independently at home and in their own community.
Completing everyday tasks can become more difficult as you age. This doesn’t mean that you have to move out of your own home; you may just require some in home support and care to allow you to live independently with more confidence.
CHSP helps senior Australians access entry-level aged care services to help them live safely at home. Rather than doing things for you, the aim of the CHSP is to work with you and help to maintain your independence.
Home Support Services
– Personal Assistance such as grooming, bathing, dressing, continence and mobility
– Domestic Assistance such as
- Cleaning – tidying and cleaning for a happy home
- Laundry – washing, drying, ironing and organising
– Garden Maintenance – keep your garden beautiful with lawn mowing, weeding, and pruning
– Home maintenance
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible for Commonwealth Home Support Programme funding if you are:
– aged 65 years or older
– aged 50 years or older and identify as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person
– aged 50 years or older and on a low income, homeless or at risk of homelessness
– still living at home
– in need of help at home to continue to live independently.
How to arrange a Commonwealth Home Support Programme
To find out if you’re eligible for a Commonwealth Home Support Programme, visit the My Aged Care website or call the information line on 1800 200 422. You will need to be assessed by the Regional Assessment team.
Once assessed and approved, you can choose IPC Health as your provider by calling us on 9219 7103 or 8368 3000.
If you are unsure about the My Aged Care process, we can help you every step of the way. We’re here to help so call us on 9219 7103 or 8368 3000 for a chat.
How much does the Commonwealth Home Support Programme cost?
The cost of the CHSP will be dependent on how many tasks you require help with. The following table details the fees applied to clients receiving services through the CHSP at IPC Health. If you are eligible, you’re expected to contribute to the cost of your care if you can afford to. Our client contribution fees are listed below: