Gambling Counselling and Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselling Service and Referral Update
IPC AOD Services and Gamblers Help is temporarily changing the way we deliver our service to the community. To ensure the safety of our patients and our staff during this difficult time, we will be providing telephone counselling only.
If you wish to make a referral please call :
Gamblers Help Intake 9296 1234 and leave a message or email your referral to email@example.com
AOD Intake 9296 1228 and leave a message or email your referral to AODServices.Intake@ipchealth.com.au
Faxes cannot be accepted at present
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
What is Gambler’s Help?
Gambler’s Help is a free confidential non-judgemental service available to individuals, families, friends and communities affected by gambling harm.
Anyone who lives, works or studies in the Brimbank, Maribyrnong, Wyndham and Hobsons Bay areas can access this service.
How do I get support?
To access our Gambler’s Help services, call 9296 1234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You are welcome to bring a support person with you.
What does Gambler’s Help offer?
– Financial Counselling
– Community Education
– Venue Support
– Helps you understand how and why gambling has become a problem and manage gambling harm
– Helps you work out your goals and find ways to work through your problems
– Talk about other parts of your life and help you improve your relationships
– Support you for as long as you need
– Helps you understand your financial situation and how you can improve that
– Know your legal rights and options regarding your finances
– Talk with banks or finance companies that money is owed to and inform you about government assistance
– Inform you about other services that can help you
– Provide support and work with communities to reduce gambling harm
– Increase community awareness and knowledge of the many ways to access support
– Promotion and education services for health and welfare professionals
– Focus on prevention, early intervention and support for communities
– Provide training to gaming venue staff with knowledge and skills so that gaming is provided responsibly.
– Assist venues in building and strengthening responsible gaming environments
– Assist venues to meet requirements for responsible gambling codes of conduct
– Raise awareness among venue staff on Gambler’s Help services, self-exclusion programs and community support services
Can I have an interpreter?
Yes. Ask if you need an interpreter. Interpreters are free.
Other support services
· Gambler’s Helpline (24 Hour service): 1800 858 858
· Peer Connection: 1300 133 445
· Life Line: 131114