We provide Financial Counselling to people of all ages who live, work or study in the Brimbank, Wyndham, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, or Melton.
· Struggling with your debts?
· Unable to pay your bills?
· Thinking about bankruptcy?
· Struggling with paying your mortgage?
If you are speak to us face to face. It might be the right thing for you.
We help people develop skills and confidence to take control of their own financial situation.
· Free, private and independent information
· Options for people experiencing financial difficulty
· We advocate on your behalf.
What support is available?
During our appointments we:
· Assess your financial situation, including credit and debt related matters
· Give you information about your specific needs
· Work out realistic payment plans for your debts
· Negotiate with credit providers for you
· Help you to apply for hardship consideration for your debts
Financial counsellors provide a very different service to debt management companies.
Financial Counsellors can not:
· Take over your finances or handle your money.
· Give investment advice.
· Give legal advice.
· Give advice on taxation matters.
· Provide material aid.
But we have a great referral network to those who can.
How do I get an appointment?
To make an appointment to see a Financial Counsellor call: 9296 1234.
What to bring:
· Details of your income
· Copies of all debts, loans and letters
· You are more than welcome to bring a support person with you.
Can I have an interpreter?
Yes. Ask if you need an interpreter. Interpreters are free.
Other support services:
· Money Help: 1800 007 007
· Life Line: 13 11 14
· Suicide Helpline: 1300 651 251
· Legal aid advice line: 9269 0120