Diabetes can be serious and cause many health problems. Simple changes can help reduce these health problems.
What do Diabetes Educators do?
Diabetes Educators are trained nurses who can help you understand and look after your diabetes.
How can a Diabetes Educator help?
– Explain about healthy eating and exercise for diabetes.
– Give advice about tablets and insulin.
– Teach you how to check your blood sugar levels if needed.
– Help you understand what regular medical checks you need.
– Assist you to get discounted diabetes products.
Other Diabetes Services
Give healthy eating advice
- Check your feet
- Show you how to care for your feet
- Wound care and orthotics
Help you make changes to reach your health goals.
How do I get an appointment?
Contact your nearest IPC Health campus. You may be put on a waiting list.
Is there a fee?
A fee may apply to this service. If you cannot afford to pay, please speak to reception.
Can I have an interpreter?
Yes. Ask if you need an interpreter. Interpreters are free.