Caring Dads is a free service for fathers who live in Wyndham, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melbourne or Moonee Valley, have regular contact with their children and have struggled with anger, worry, frustration and/or violence and who want to be the best Dad they can be.
Dads will develop skills to :
– cope in healthy ways with frustrating situations
– understand how different fathering strategies and choices affect children
– increase awareness of controlling, abusive and neglectful attitudes and behaviours
– be provided with strategies to strengthen and repair their father-child relationship
– have a unique opportunity to connect with other men.
Caring Dads is a manualised early intervention, 17-week group work program developed in Canada and now running in the Inner West Region of Victoria as a partnership between Anglicare-Victoria and IPC Health.
How can I access this service?
For referral, please call 03 9731 2500 or email Caringdads.firstname.lastname@example.org