We provide Exercise Physiology to people of all ages who live, work or study in Brimbank, Wyndham and Hobsons Bay.
Exercise Physiologists help you to stay well and improve your health using physical activity.
An Exercise Physiologist can help you:
• Achieve a healthy weight safely
• Control your chronic disease
• Feel fit again after an injury or illness
• Move better
• Improve your mental health and wellbeing.
• Work out a physical activity plan just right for you
• Start at community exercise groups
Why come to a group?
In a group you can learn how to bring physical activity into your lifestyle and stay motivated to be more active.
You will also get support from people in the same situation.
Some groups available are:
• Rehabilitation programs for people with heart and lung conditions
• Gentle exercise groups
• Diabetes programs
• Living well groups
How do I get an appointment?
Contact your nearest IPC Health campus. You may be put on a waiting list.
Is there a fee?
At IPC Health we offer the unique combination of private and government funded allied health care. Our fees are designed to support access for people on varying incomes.
Funding for our Exercise Physiology service is available through the Home and Community Care for Younger People (HACC-PYP) program with a co-payment depending on your income, starting from around $10 per hour.
Home and Community Care Program for Younger People (HACC-PYP) schedule of fees.
We also offer our Exercise Physiology services if you are:
• A full fee paying client
• Referred from a GP (Chronic Disease Management Plan):
• A Home Care Package recipient (see above note on My Aged Care)
• An NDIS self or plan managed participant
Can I have an interpreter?
Yes. Ask if you need an interpreter. Interpreters are free.