Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Treatment

Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselling Service and Referral Update

IPC Health’s FREE Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselling Services is changing the way we deliver our service to the community. To ensure easy access for all our clients we are now offering our services via telephone or face to face at one of our service locations (from 1 June 2021). 

If you wish to make a referral, please call AOD Intake on 7037 2134 and leave a message or email your referral to

Faxes can not be accepted at present.

Who can use the service?

We offer a free, confidential counselling service for people whose lives are affected by alcohol and other drug use. The service is available to people over the age of 16 years old who live, work or study in Brimbank, Wyndham and Hobsons Bay and whose lives are affected by alcohol and other drugs directly and their parents, partners and other family members.

We offer people hope and help to recover and/or minimise harmful substance use and achieve their life goals.

We also provide a Care and Recovery Coordinator for people who want or need additional support in getting their lives back on track.

We can also help the people close to you such as partners and family members. Counselling and support is given to people individually or as a family. We can refer you to other support services if you need them.

We have a counselling service for people who have mental health and substance use issues and their family members or affected others.

The service operates in the Western Metropolitan region of Melbourne with offices located in St Albans, Sunshine, Wyndham Vale , Altona Meadows and Hoppers Crossing.

How do I get an appointment?

Regional Central Intake Service Contact: 1800 700 514 (and ask to be referred to IPC Health Alcohol and Other Drugs Service)
Or you can contact our service directly on: 7037 2134

After hours appointments are available on request.

For 24 hour counseling services, and support after hours contact: Direct Line on 1800 888 236 or Life Line on 13 11 14.

Can I have an interpreter?

Yes. Ask if you need an interpreter. Interpreters are free.


Alcohol and Other Drugs brochure

Information for you brochure